Our Firm Handles All Types of Discrimination and Employment Law Cases
Obtaining justice in South Florida workplaces
Our dedicated lawyer at Pfeffer & Associates assists workers who face difficult legal situations in Florida. Drawing on almost 30 years of experience, attorney Pfeffer pursues justice in cases involving workplace discrimination, employment disputes and workers’ compensation recovery. Our focus is on helping you claim your rights to the full extent of the law.
Protecting your rights to work in a discrimination-free workplace
You have the right to work in an environment free of harassment and discrimination — the violation of your rights is not just wrong, it is illegal under federal and Florida statutes. Our law firm can help you recover monetary damages and injunctive relief if you have a valid claim of discrimination based on:
- Age — Workers who are 40 years or older are protected by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Gender — Your gender does not affect your ability to perform your job well, and so the law forbids your employer from considering your sex in work-related decisions.
- Sexual orientation — Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers who do not conform to gender stereotypes may have a valid claim under sex-based discrimination laws.
- Pregnancy — Women are afforded special workplace protections during pregnancy, childbirth or recovering from conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth.
- Race — The Civil Rights Act forbids your employer from considering the color of your skin or your race when making decisions related to your employment.
- Disabilities — Workers living with disabilities may have a claim for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act.
Resolving employment disputes and unfair practices
In contract negotiations, litigation and other employment matters, you may sometimes feel like your employer holds all the power. However, you have the law and justice on your side. Our attorneys can empower you to successfully resolve your employment law matters involving:
- Litigation — In addition to being an aggressive trial lawyer, Louis P. Pfeffer is a certified circuit court and civil mediator who can help you resolve disputes in the courtroom or at the mediation table.
- Contract disputes and negotiations — As the backbone of your employment relationship, your work contract should be well written and fiercely defended.
- Wrongful termination — Although Florida is an employment-at-will state, your employer is prohibited from firing you in certain circumstances and from denying you your rightful severance package.
- Drug testing — Although some employers under specified conditions have the right to conduct drug testing, you have the right to contest the illegal use of the procedures or invalid results.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) — The FMLA is supposed to allow you to take care of sick family members or have a baby without fear of job repercussions.
- Sexual harassment — Unwanted sexual advances and hostile work environments constitute sexual harassment under the law.
- Employee handbooks — If corporate policies result in discriminatory or unfair practices, you may have a valid claim against your employer.
Recovering workers’ compensation benefits
Sustaining an on-the-job injury can leave you out of work and without a paycheck. The Florida workers’ compensation program is designed to give you the financial resources you need to support your family while you are recovering from your injuries. Our attorneys handle complex workplace injury claims, including such debilitating chronic conditions as reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). In addition to recovering the benefits you are entitled to, we also seek justice in cases involving workers’ compensation retaliation.
Defend your rights in the Jupiter, FL area workplace
Learn more about your employment rights. Call Pfeffer & Associates at 561-745-8011 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. Our law firm provides free consultations for clients seeking workers’ compensation advice. We also handle all employment, discrimination and workers’ compensation claims on a contingency fee basis.